Revamp of CI/CD using Azure DataFlow
The client is a dynamic organization dedicated to expanding educational opportunities. Their goal is to streamline the scholarship administration process, effectively bridging the gap between donors and deserving students.
The client aimed to deliver continuous innovation and enhancements to its platform without compromising security or availability. They needed to adopt a DevOps culture that could foster rapid development, testing, and deployment, all while maintaining the utmost security standards.
Entrans was chosen to develop a comprehensive retail management solution that leverages the power of cloud computing and CI/CD pipelines for seamless updates and integration.
Data Flow and Implementation Process
- Entrans developed updates for the platform, introducing new features aimed at improving functionality and user experience.
- These updates triggered the CI pipeline, which systematically exported the solution from the development environment into Azure Repos for version control.
- The latest platform iteration was committed to Azure Repos.
- A managed solution was built, encompassing new and existing features.
- Automated tests ensured the integrity and reliability of the updates.
- Post successful build and tests, the solution was deployed to the test environment, mirroring real-world operation scenarios.
- After thorough testing, the deployment pipeline facilitated the rollout to staging and then production environments.
- Further automated and manual tests were conducted post-deployment to ensure a flawless update.
- The tested and vetted updates were seamlessly integrated into the live platform during low-traffic periods to ensure uninterrupted scholarship administration services.
with Application Insights
- The enhanced platform’s health, performance, and usage were monitored using Azure’s Application Insights, which provides real-time analytics.
- Entrans and the client jointly reviewed insights, identifying any areas for improvement or optimization.
- User feedback was crucial in this phase to ensure the platform remained user-centric.
- Insights from the analysis informed the prioritization of backlog items for the development team.
- This created a feedback loop, ensuring continuous refinement of the client’s platform.
The client experienced a significant improvement in inventory accuracy and reduced manual entry errors. The real-time data access allowed for better decision-making, ultimately improving the profitability and efficiency of their operations.
Next Case Study